Author Topic: Yet another strange behavior!  (Read 1847 times)

Offline MamaofaMaxi

• Egg
Yet another strange behavior!
« on: August 04, 2014, 06:27:57 PM »
Just when I thought I'd finally seen it all, I see something new! Haha. I know they surprise you daily, but I honestly thought I'd seen all of his behavior.

I just moved into my new house this weekend, and he did amazingly with it! In fact, he's happier here than at my old house. (:

Anyways! Because we're somewhere new, and he's so happy, he's just acting so weird now! Right now, he's sitting on his perch clicking his beak and making squeaking/talking sounds and whistling. He isn't in discomfort or anything, it seems happy but I've just never seen him do it before. Then he'll go and scratch his beak against the perch.

He's doing the beak grinding now, so I have to wonder if it was just chattering before bedtime?

Offline E

• Nestling
Re: Yet another strange behavior!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 01:30:46 AM »
The grinding beak is like a cat is spinning. Often they do that when they are feeling good and are sleepy.

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 01:41:23 AM »
Yes, it means they are very content.  Good job!

Offline MamaofaMaxi

• Egg
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 06:08:07 PM »
Oh, no, I know about the grinding. Haha! I had a cockatiel. (: I'm very familiar with that behavior! It was just the odd clicking and all of that he was doing with the singing. So I'm just going to guess they were all happy and content noises before sleeping. (: Thanks!

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 11:02:45 PM »
I'd say he's happy, Lurch does it from time to time. He could also be a bit excited about something, or even mad but sounds like happy to me.
Lurch will do a quick CHIP CHIP CHIP chirp, sometimes it means he excited and happy, other times he's mad about something and excited, like when he knows it's bed time and he doesn't want us to force him in. Nerd used to do a really cute tiny whistle when he was going to sleep, or drinking cold water when it was hot and he was really happy about it.
Problem is sometimes the noises can mean either really happy or really upset for some of them so that's when reading their mood comes in but after a while you'll know each other quite well and it wont be as hard to tell.
Village Idiot

Offline MamaofaMaxi

• Egg
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2014, 12:39:59 AM »
Awww! haha! That sounds adorable. (:

And yeah! He does his beak clicking, which can mean he's happy or he's angry. It's usually pretty easy to tell, though, thankfully! At least with Butters, that is. Haha!