Author Topic: I'm baaacccckkkk!!!  (Read 7841 times)

Offline GinnyW

• Egg
I'm baaacccckkkk!!!
« on: November 28, 2012, 01:20:35 PM »
Hi everybirdie!  I'm back!  (My screen name used to be BeccaDanni.)  It's been a loonnnggg six months since my house burned, but what I call "Pyro 2012" has been put to rest and I'm back!  Sadly, though, only my two greencheek conures were returned to me.  My two Maxi Pi's, Loki and Lizzy, have never been found.  I've done all I can, from posting fliers, advertising, and sending fliers to every vet and pet store in the area.  No luck.   :bye2:    So, it's time to move on.  Lately I've been thinking about getting another pionus, but NOBODY in California is breeding them anymore.  If you all hear of someone who has one or two for sale, let me know.  I've had maxis, but would be happy with any of the pi sub-species.  I'm thinking that maybe in the springtime there will be a few babies available, so I'll keep looking. 

Hugs to everyone - glad to be back!!!   :hello1:

Offline E

• Nestling
Re: I'm baaacccckkkk!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 01:52:29 PM »
So sorry to read about your house and your lost Maxis. It must feel terrible, but I hope you get them back or that they have been found and have a new good owner.

Hugs from me to you!  :hello1:

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 02:42:04 PM »
Oh, I am sorry for your loss. That must be painful. Where in Calif are you? There are two Maxi up for adoption in San Jose. I saw them on petfinder.

And welcome.back
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 02:43:51 PM »

Offline Maxi

• Egg
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 03:00:26 PM »
Hello Ginny.   I am new here.   I am so very sorry about you losing both your home and two of your babies.    I pray they are in good homes.   

Good luck on your search for new babies.    I'm on the other side of the country so I can't help you out, except to keep my fingers crossed

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2012, 09:18:07 AM »
Ginny

I posted on two other sites to see if any one knows of available pionus in Calif. I remember reading posts about Loki and I am very sorry. I have dealt with pet loss and searches and it is very painful. If I hear of any available pionus I will let you know.

Offline Cetan

• Nestling
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2012, 09:39:54 AM »
Welcome back Ginny! Seems really hard to find any Pionus breeders these days, but older birds from rescues can  be wonderful.

Offline Jan

• Parrot Slave Since 1986
  • Administrator
  • Hatchling
  • Blu's Bird Toys
    • Pionus Parrot's Website
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2012, 10:32:12 AM »

Ginny, I am happy you are doing better, I know you had a some rough times. If I come across any Pionus for sale or breeders, I'll let you know.  I know it seems a few Pionus breeders have either retired or passed away.  I see some of your updates on Facebook from time to time. 
Jan

Blu's Bird Toys  www.bluesbirdtoys.com
Pionus Parrot's Website  www.pionusparrot.com

Offline Cetan

• Nestling
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2012, 10:40:04 AM »
I dont know if you would consider having a bird shipped but I just saw an ad by the woman I got Chante from, she does take really good care with her babies and had been breeding Pionus and Cape Parrots for quite a while

http://www.hoobly.com/0/2563/0/

http://www.hoobly.com/5zrpzq228o/young-bronze-wing-male.htm
Young Bronze Wing (male).
I have a young BW male for sale. He was hatched 3-27-11, is banded and DNA sexed (certificate will go with him). He was
Columbia City, Indiana Pionus
updated 3 weeks ago by byrdphethers

Offline GinnyW

• Egg
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2012, 11:14:17 AM »
Ahhhh! It feels greatl to be on this forum again! I missed all my parrot buddies - reading your stories about the lives and times of your fids. Still have my greencheek conures, Kei and Quasi. They're as feisty as ever! Since the fire, I can take them outside when I'm working in the yard and they STICK to my shoulders like glue.  They were pretty traumatized, being "lost" in the trees.  The guy who caught them used a fish net on a pole, which scared them half to death. I brought their cage to his house because he offered to hold onto them for me until I could find a new place to live. A week later, I had to get my 6'6" nephew to intervene cuz the guy didn't want to give them back to me!  He claimed I had given the birds to him.  He also helped himself to a bunch of things the firemen had pulled out of the house after the fire, but I didn't find out about that until later.  What a LOSER!!! 

I'm not in a hurry to find another pionus. I'm sure in the spring, during the normal breeding season, someone will have babies for sale. Although I wouldn't mind an older parrot.  There's a parrot rescue group here in San Diego (PEAC) that I might volunteer with as a foster.  I have several large cages, sitting empty.
Thanks everyone for the welcome!  Glad to be back!!!  :hello1:

Offline Cetan

• Nestling
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2012, 01:16:22 PM »
I know about feisty green cheeks - my little girl, Princess, spends most of her out time perched on me and every once in a while decides my arm or hand makes a great chew toy (and her beak is razor sharp). I was vacuuming earlier and felt a tap on my shoulder so almost jumped because I live alone, then realized it was Princess climbing onto me from the top of her cage.

Offline GinnyW

• Egg
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2012, 03:57:46 PM »
I know about feisty green cheeks - my little girl, Princess, spends most of her out time perched on me and every once in a while decides my arm or hand makes a great chew toy (and her beak is razor sharp). I was vacuuming earlier and felt a tap on my shoulder so almost jumped because I live alone, then realized it was Princess climbing onto me from the top of her cage.
Yeah - I have to be careful about that too. I forget they're riding along on my shoulder.  I have ceiling fans in almost every room and have to be very careful of those. Or like the time recently when I went into the kitchen to check on some bread I was baking. Just as I opened the oven door I thought, "Four and twenty greencheeks, baked in a pie..."  Closed the door, put them in their cage, and went back to checking on the bread.   :wink1:

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2012, 06:45:04 PM »
So far I've been referred to the two pi I posted above. Told rescue services all of Calif.

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2012, 08:10:30 PM »
GGGIIIINNNNYYYYYY!!!!!! You do not know how often I think of you, usually when I unplug my curling iron before work and check all the doors. So glad you are okay and back! 

Well, I am not trying to put a happy face on your loss, but when Delilah got out, the guy did not want to give her back.  I bet when Loki and Lizzie found a kind human, that human would not be likely to give them up.  I tink pi's are the easiest, most fun bird around.

So, I just emailed the lady who has Dobby's sister, giggles.  She is trying to breed Maxis, but I do not know if Giggles has laid any eggs. 

Is your new house newer?  As I recall, you were in an older home, like me. 

So good to hear from you!!!!!

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2012, 03:21:17 AM »
Ginny - I have heard of a breeder in Calif named Gail  with one weaned white cap. Let me know if you want me to find out her contact for you. I love a wc and adore him...gorgeous colors, playful and sweet

And story of your neighbor is horrible! Sorry so much has happened