Author Topic: Happy Thanksgiving  (Read 3350 times)

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
Happy Thanksgiving
« on: November 27, 2014, 04:55:23 AM »
Wishing all, whether in US or not, the opportunity to take a moment today and be grateful
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
Re: Happy Thanksgiving
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 10:54:31 AM »
We are also going to take a moment to pig out :shades:
Will eat and hang out with family all day and maybe watch some movies. Lucky me I got Friday off so may hit some sales when I decide to wake up, don't think I want to do the Black Friday up at 4am thing anymore as not that many worthy sales when I find deals like that all year round and can get same deals online anyways.
Hope you and everybody else has a great day.
Village Idiot

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 01:16:27 PM »
I was just thinking this morning as my hyper active 2 yo wcp male was getting into everything....in 8 more years maybe he will be calm. Then I thought, Humm do I want a perch potato who doesn't do anything? So I decided to just enjoy moment and enjoy Max as is now. Gratefulness.

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 01:56:57 PM »
I'm very thankful for my birdies  :). Wow, Max is hyper? Raven is young but still a perch potato Pi  :icon_mrgreen:. He loves to play with his toys, but when he's not playing he's pretty sedate. Griffin is the guy who had too much coffee lol. I always wonder if he'll be that way when older. His closely related roommate was never that way even when young.

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2014, 02:12:41 PM »
I am listening to CBC radio and the announcer just said "THANKSGIVING!!!  Canada does it first!"  Love it!

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2014, 07:49:59 PM »
Neither of mine are perch potatoes but Max whizzes around, hanging upside down, climbing curtains, exploring closets. Not only must he be in same room as me but also he must be able to see me....so if I go in a  closet for a minute he follows hysterically. Charlie walks around chewing everything when he is out. When in his cage he chews all his toys....I mean completely destroys them. I replace toys daily

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2014, 07:50:49 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving, Canada!

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2014, 08:37:48 PM »
Neither of mine are perch potatoes but Max whizzes around, hanging upside down, climbing curtains, exploring closets. Not only must he be in same room as me but also he must be able to see me....so if I go in a  closet for a minute he follows hysterically. Charlie walks around chewing everything when he is out. When in his cage he chews all his toys....I mean completely destroys them. I replace toys daily

So neither of yours are perch potatoes! Both Pi's I had (both BW's, 1 female, 1 male), were/are pretty calm. Raven also loves toys, but he really doesn't destroy them too fast. They're all so individual  :)

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2014, 04:22:31 AM »
I guess I thought a perch potato was a bird that just sat on his perch and didn't do anything. Charlie is much calmer than Max....much.... but I guess because he likes to get into a lot of chew projects I didn't think he was a perch potato.

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2014, 10:40:19 AM »
I guess I thought a perch potato was a bird that just sat on his perch and didn't do anything.

Many times Raven IS just sitting in one of his few favorite spots and doing nothing for a fairly long time :biglaughing:

He's sitting there fully awake and not looking sick, that's just the way he is. Still, I can tell he's a happy bird because the rest of the time he's playing and talking. Or getting preened or harassed by his little buddy 'busy beaks' Griffin lol :)

Hope you and the boys had a nice holiday! Boys got extra treats here and extra variety in their veggies.

Offline E

• Nestling
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2014, 02:26:52 PM »
Many times Raven IS just sitting in one of his few favorite spots and doing nothing for a fairly long time :biglaughing:
And you are sure he's not sleeping? LOL!
Eloy does the same, and he likes to preen himself a lot too. But he also loves to play and hanging upside down, e.t.c

I hope you all had a nice holiday! ♥

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2014, 06:31:28 PM »
I am glad I don't have the only active birdie....from photos it seems Eloy gets into a lot

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2014, 08:41:58 PM »
And you are sure he's not sleeping! LOL

LOL! Yes I'm sure. He's just sitting with eyes open, usually one leg tucked in. Sometimes he'll preen for a while, then go back to "just sitting there" and watching everything until Griffin decides to bother him, or he decides to eat or play.  :)

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2014, 12:20:22 AM »
Wow did he and Griffin take to each other quickly. They really sound like buddies

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2014, 12:57:56 PM »
Wow did he and Griffin take to each other quickly. They really sound like buddies

They really did become fast friends. Especially considering their species are so different. :)
Griffin is very aggressive though (assertive and a bully). He also  terrorizes Robin. Probably since they're similar species and Poi's typically don't like their own kind.