Author Topic: Latest Lurch happenings  (Read 3168 times)

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
Latest Lurch happenings
« on: December 16, 2012, 02:17:17 PM »
Well it's been kinda dead in here last few days so I'll post an update on Lurch. He's been grumpy then pretty nice depending on his mood that day so far. We still have to read him because one minute he doesn't want to be touched and the next he wants scritches and daddy time.
He was on my arm a few days ago and looked like he wanted to see my sister so I started saying go see Sandy while he sat there and decided what to do. He had been hanging out happily on my chair arm just soaking up some flock time when I gently offered my arm as he looked kinda excited like he wanted to see Sandy and get a treat. Suddenly he reached down and pecked/pinched my arm, I figured maybe he was a bit overexcited and continued to tell him to go see Sandy. I guess what he really wanted was to stay on my arm and hang out because he again reached down and bit me much harder pulling up the skin and poking a hole. I went OUCH! and reached over and swatted the under side of his tail enough to make him bark in protest and fly away
He ate a bit on his cage, thought about it a bit then flew over to sister to get a treat. After a short while he flew back to the chair back and demanded scritches so I guess he was over it and we were friends again :shocking:
Sure is fun living with a jungle creature that goes by his own rules that your expected to understand and abide by, even when you don't have a clue what the rule is or when you broke it  :shades:
Now of course today he's in a great mood so far and was happily watching me unload boxes and rearrange things, even flew over and landed on my shoulder to beg for treats and watch me type this, crazy bugger.
Village Idiot

Offline Maxi

• Egg
Re: Latest Lurch happenings
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 03:06:42 PM »
Wow.   A bit of a Jekyl/Hyde personality, huh?    And by the way, he came over to supervise the unpacking of boxes, just so you know.    The treats were just payment.    Hehehe

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 03:37:54 PM »
Well he's all shagged out now and has his head put away snoozing on top of his house :) I guess supervising has taken it's toll on him and he's had enough for a while.
Village Idiot

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 05:37:02 PM »
I was wondering if you would post as liven it up!
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto

Offline Maxi

• Egg
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2012, 05:39:44 PM »
Well he's all shagged out now and has his head put away snoozing on top of his house :) I guess supervising has taken it's toll on him and he's had enough for a while.

Well clearly you require quite a bit of management skills and now he's tuckered out.    Hope the treats were good.   He clearly deserved a big payment after all that work.     LOL

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2012, 06:15:31 PM »
Well he got nutri berries and some of the snack mix I was working on so I think he was happy with his booty. Now he's preening and getting ready to steal our dinner.
Village Idiot