Author Topic: Weighed Lurch, new pics  (Read 2708 times)

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
Weighed Lurch, new pics
« on: March 01, 2015, 05:27:27 PM »
Weighed Lurch today after finding one of my cheap but still working gram scales out in the shed. I enticed him with a Nutri Berry and it was so funny to see his little brain working on a solution to snagging the treat without having to touch the evil scale. :biglaughing:
He kept touching it, running his beak over it, finally put a foot on it, it didn't attack him so he hopped on, I got a reading, and he ran away to eat.
He's at 260 grams, 10 grams higher then last time a long time ago, and the time before that both at 250. He might be a bit heavier becuase he was in his cage hanging out ad snacking most of the morning but he's very consistent in what he weighs, and maybe he heavier because he's put on some muscle from flying around a lot without getting all tired out like he did when he first discovered his flights had grown back.
And some small pics just because he was having a good time  a few days ago. 
Village Idiot

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
Re: Weighed Lurch, new pics
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 12:56:00 AM »
How cute Lurch is! I especially love his face in the last pic  :icon_mrgreen:! All the pics are cute Terry, I love his adorable white eye ring. Thanks for sharing  :).

I started calling Raven "eye ring guy" don't ask me why lol! His big eye rings are so prominent looking on his dark background it's so cute that it's comical.

Whenever I weigh Raven, he really varies from time to time. He's usually anywhere from aibout 227 to 240. I call the higher end his "vegetable weight" lol. When he eats a lot of veggies, especially yams, he gets heavier the next day. Days that he's more finicky and eats mostly pellets (even though he eats a lot of it) he gets lighter. Vet says veggies hold a lot of water... "
Vegetable weight"!  :biglaughing: At least he hasn't been his old 218 in a while now. He's growing up! A year and a half old now. He's about 90% in adult colors now too. He's so pretty, I need to post new pics soon!

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 05:20:54 PM »
Thanks, he was having a good day playing with that zipper so we broke out the camera, he of course was also decorating his protective blanket too as you can see :wink1:
He was standing there looking all proud and majestic so I had to get that last shot. :icon_mrgreen:
Remember Nerd weighed around 214 his whole life and was fine, just skinny, and sounds like Raven is catching up nicely so I wouldn't worry about him as long as everything is going well and he's happy.
On a good veggie day Nerd would weigh about 225 after pigging out a while.
Village Idiot

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 06:09:14 PM »
Last photo is especially cute
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto

Offline Dani

• Egg
  • Bronson The Little Raptor
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 06:56:53 PM »
:hello1:Super cute!! Love how he decorates his towel! I thought it was the couch, but you got that covered, smart man!!

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 08:04:29 PM »
Glad to see you posting, how're things going? Yep, used to have vinyl carpet runners down at our old house to protect his areas of the carpet.
Its a old wool army blanket and we have them on all of his and my favorite chairs, easy to wash, warm, and he hasn't punched any holes in them yet.
Village Idiot

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2015, 11:48:39 PM »
He really does have the Bossbird stance down, doesn't he?  He looks like he's in good shape, was not aware he flew that much.  Boy pi's are more active than I originally thought, from reading. He is so lucky to have gotten a human like you. Such a great history with you!

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 05:38:00 PM »
Well, he doesn't constantly fly but since we moved to the new to us, bigger house, a few years ago he has more space to fly in, and the ceilings are vaulted, so they are higher too.
He can fly from the living room to the boys(my) bathroom easily now and just breathes hard for a sec right after he lands so he's in way better shape now and enjoying his freedom to do as he pleases.
I got off work early and decided to adjust the rear brākes on my Neon seeing how I replaced the front rotors and pads last week.
When I got done and came back in he was glued to the side of the cage looking at me with his beady little eye, then he pulled out all the stops and hung from the top by one foot and wiggled his wings, I HAD to let him out after that one :biglaughing:
Village Idiot

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2015, 08:40:39 PM »
Sounds like Lurch knows how to.pull heart strings! Sounds adorable.

Hey, Dani! Long time with no posts. Welcome.back
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto