Author Topic: White Cap Pionus  (Read 1615 times)

Offline schlut

• Newbie of Parrot Friends
White Cap Pionus
« on: March 10, 2015, 08:06:50 PM »
hey guys,

I've done my research and I think that I want to get a white cap pionus.  My problem is I haven't been able to find many breeders/pet stores that have them.  If anyone knows any good breeders in Texas please let me know. 

Also if y'all could tell me your experiences with a pionus it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
Re: White Cap Pionus
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 04:36:56 PM »
Welcome Chris -

I am not familiar with pet stores in Texas. Check Petfinder and Hobbly.  Keep your eyes on internet....wcp show up.

My wcp is 3. He is a pistol.  His energy and antics are fun. Lots to learn still about his behavior but that pionus strut he does is a great warning when he doesn't want to be bothered. Lots on wcp threads here to read.

I am so happy with my decision....and I have a male (females are much sweeter generally)....and he challenges me but it is a journey worth having....especially when he says I love you.
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 09:12:30 PM »
Welcome!  We have a male Maxi and love him to bits.  He does get frisky like a puppy even though he is not a baby. I understand wcp's are wonderful.

Offline avalondsp

• Newbie of Parrot Friends
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 08:56:57 AM »
Please do an online search for parrot rescues in Texas.  There are so many parrots that have lost their homes.  If they have a WCP and you adopt, you would be helping a bird that really needs a home.  Just a suggestion.  Hope you find the companion bird you want. :)

Dee