Author Topic: DNA test is back  (Read 1858 times)

Offline Cetan

• Nestling
DNA test is back
« on: April 09, 2015, 01:01:38 PM »
I was told Nick was a male but started to get a little nervous because he was spending a lot of time shredding paper and running under the couch and trying to build nests. With 2 known males I wanted to be sure so back to the vet we went, meanwhile I was kicking myself for not asking her to do a DNA test when she took blood for a blood panel when I first got Nick. Well the results are back and Nick is in fact a healthy MALE  :banana: :wefly:  What a relief

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
Re: DNA test is back
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 03:14:33 PM »
Congrats! Charlie similiarly shreds a lot of paper and goes under the couch but is also confirmed male. I guess males and females make nests
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 09:03:45 PM »
Congrats on another boy Nancy  :icon_mrgreen:. I didn't know that males did that either.

I have a question for you... Is Chante pretty crotchety and cranky? Seems like Raven always has had that in his personality. Would you say he's really aggressive when he's hormonal, or not real bad? Just wondering since they share the same genes  :).

All Raven does at his age is fluff up and threaten me all the time. He's so cage territorial now, and he never used to be. He's also meaner to his little friend Griffin too.

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2015, 10:29:07 AM »
Yes, Dobby has been buzzing Principessa when she is sitting quietly, and last night he strutted up and down on a curtain rod, challenging her. Springtime...

Offline E

• Nestling
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2015, 12:58:08 PM »
Congrats! Charlie similiarly shreds a lot of paper and goes under the couch but is also confirmed male. I guess males and females make nests
And Eloy does the same. Yes they make nest together.  :)

Congrats Cetan!  :woohoo1: