Author Topic: Lurch was in kamakazi mode today  (Read 1617 times)

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
Lurch was in kamakazi mode today
« on: April 17, 2015, 09:45:58 PM »
Well made the mistake of putting on my outdoor coat and shoes today to go look at a used vacuum cheap similar to the one we have that has a bad hose.
Well of course Lurch was out and he didn't like the big daddy's going to leave motions and coat. he shrieked
and tried to dive bomb my neck to bite his displeasure.  :yikes:Luckily the coat is thick and the hood deflected him so no blood. He tried to get me one more time then realized he was in trouble, we had a bad talk then he flew back to his cage. I figured he was there anyways so he bit at my coat arm and all the usual I don't want to go in stuff but I managed to get him kicking and screaming inside.
Went to get the cheap vacuum and came back a hour later and he was just fine, quiet, and wanting to be let out.
He immediately ran up top and dropped his head for scratches and has been a perfect gentleman since we came back:cool1:
Funny part is as we left he was hanging from the top by one foot wiggling like nothing happened and he was begging to be let out.
Sure wish they came with a manual or a warning siren so you can tell when they are getting ticked off.
In fact he just landed on my knee to hang out:hug8:
Posted this on the avenue earlier and figured better post here and share it here today :shades:
Village Idiot

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
Re: Lurch was in kamakazi mode today
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 05:51:36 PM »
Sounds like someone really wants your company!
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 08:11:12 PM »
OH YEAH, every time he figures out the signs of leaving, like putting on shoes he gets all fluffy and upset leading to neck attacks if I'm not careful. In fact we left again tonight and he again got all pissy but didn't connect with his must punish attack. Now he was just KACK...KACK...KACK... because I didn't stay in the room with him after letting him back out again. Of course getting him in was a battle but I sat down by his cage and he attacked his string ball to show his displeasure then ran down to threaten me so I offered him a few walnuts to throw him off and basically chased him in with the bag gently.
Sister finally came out and asked him if he was the guy making all the noise and now he's quite because part of his flock is with him now :icon_mrgreen:
I guess other then the neck biting corrections it's a sign that he really cares about us now though, enough that he hates to see us leave.
Village Idiot

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2015, 04:21:55 AM »
Yes, he likes being with you! Reminds me of Milton. Just learn to avoid certain activities in front of him to avoid bites
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 12:36:45 PM »
He has really come a long way, I guess you never knew what his life was like before you got him.  Maybe as you say, "his rules" might allow a few tantrums  >:D  Springtime is rough on a guy who needs his dad home!

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2015, 02:20:59 PM »
I was told he and the old man loved each other, but he also liked attacking his hands which were all thick and callused from a hard life and the old guy just laughed at him because he couldn't hurt him. Never have figured out what his original name was either but he says bobby and rupear a lot but never seems to respond to them.
Nerd certainly knew he was Nerd :icon_mrgreen:
Village Idiot