Author Topic: Pix of August  (Read 1306 times)

Offline vampiric_conure

• Egg
  • Where everyone does the happy happy Conure dance!
    • The gallery of Domnijoe Pets and Art
Pix of August
« on: July 06, 2016, 09:34:31 PM »
Just thought I'd share pictures of my new White Capped, August.

Here he is on his new cage:

August's new cage by Vampiric Conure, on Flickr

IMG_3217 by Vampiric Conure, on Flickr

At Playtime:

August playing by Vampiric Conure, on Flickr

August by Vampiric Conure, on Flickr
Beware of dog? No! Beware of cat! Wait, no. The Budgie is a killer, too.

Untitled2 by Vampiric Conure[/url

Offline Jan

• Parrot Slave Since 1986
  • Administrator
  • Hatchling
  • Blu's Bird Toys
    • Pionus Parrot's Website
Re: Pix of August
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 09:50:00 PM »
Oh pretty August!  White Caps have some very pretty colors.  How old is she again?

Please watch that green stuff you have there in the center photo, looks like for a place to get tangled in, you may want to remove it or shorten it up. Keep loops and lengths short and/or small.
Jan

Blu's Bird Toys  www.bluesbirdtoys.com
Pionus Parrot's Website  www.pionusparrot.com

Offline vampiric_conure

• Egg
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 10:36:39 PM »
Oh pretty August!  White Caps have some very pretty colors.  How old is she again?

Please watch that green stuff you have there in the center photo, looks like for a place to get tangled in, you may want to remove it or shorten it up. Keep loops and lengths short and/or small.

August is 13 years old :) He's an old pro at a many of things, LOL! I'm surprised that it only took him a month to take almonds from my fingers!

The green stuff! Thanks for warning me about it! I made as a climbing net for my cockatiels.  It's likely a touch small for August.

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2016, 01:08:02 PM »
I'm a little late saying hi to August :). He's absolutely beautiful. I love the White Capped colors!

Offline vampiric_conure

• Egg
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2016, 05:38:41 AM »
Thanks! August is a ham, that's for sure!

Offline vampiric_conure

• Egg
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2016, 10:39:50 PM »
More Pix of August :) Today he went to the local parrot club meeting and he settled in fairly quickly. He's not tame enough to take out of the cage, so he stayed in his traveling carrier the whole time. People crooned over him, LOL. And he took almonds from my fingers, the good boy! When he got home, he had some out of cage time. He decided to explore the other cages (closed because, you know, birdy drama). That's when he met Archie, my Green Cheek Conure. There was some mild toe nipping from Archie's end, which I quickly put an end to. Other than that, there was much staring, posturing and wondering who the big, weird colored dude was, LOL!

August playing by Vampiric Conure, on Flickr

August and Archie by Vampiric Conure, on Flickr

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2016, 12:07:15 AM »
Cool, :shades: careful with those two as somebody could loose a nail or tip of a toe to a lucky bite but sounds like your on top of that. Nerd grew to hate Beeper the female house finch we rescued from a crow as a tiny barely feathered snack. He eventually broke her foot and she lost a few tips of toes before we realized how homicidal he'd become towards her, and of course she wouldn't leave him alone either so every time one of them got out or near the other it got ugly quick.
He luckily didn't succeed in his master plan to whittle her down one piece at a time and she healed and adapted nicely to all the beat up toes and feet.
Village Idiot

Offline vampiric_conure

• Egg
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2016, 12:25:01 AM »
Cool, :shades: careful with those two as somebody could loose a nail or tip of a toe to a lucky bite but sounds like your on top of that. Nerd grew to hate Beeper the female house finch we rescued from a crow as a tiny barely feathered snack. He eventually broke her foot and she lost a few tips of toes before we realized how homicidal he'd become towards her, and of course she wouldn't leave him alone either so every time one of them got out or near the other it got ugly quick.
He luckily didn't succeed in his master plan to whittle her down one piece at a time and she healed and adapted nicely to all the beat up toes and feet.

Yeah, Archie is a typical green cheek - no fear! I'm more worried about Archie nipping August  too hard than the other way around, but as you say, Gotta be careful :) Poor Beeper - glad she's okay despite her injuries! August is missing some nails. Not sure what that's from. Quite possibly from his stint as a breeder, or perhaps his former pet home. And Archie broke his leg when he was a chick. He landed on a rat cage when he was 8 weeks old. Rat went one way, bird went the other and...yeah. I cried hard that night.

Just proves accidents can happens when we least expect it!

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2016, 12:31:33 AM »
She was fine for her short life with us as far as Nerd attacks go but eventually she caught a chill that caused some sort of respiratory issue like a cold that eventually took her from us at a year and a half old :bye2:, but she wouldn't have gotten that time if we hadn't rescued her and she was a very happy lil thing and would even sing the songs of her people when alone and play with toys and bother us and eat anything we had, plus jump in any bowl of water for bath time. She was like a tiny flying dog and would go to anybody who held still or had something she wanted :icon_mrgreen:
Village Idiot

Offline vampiric_conure

• Egg
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2016, 12:46:52 AM »
She was fine for her short life with us as far as Nerd attacks go but eventually she caught a chill that caused some sort of respiratory issue like a cold that eventually took her from us at a year and a half old :bye2:, but she wouldn't have gotten that time if we hadn't rescued her and she was a very happy lil thing and would even sing the songs of her people when alone and play with toys and bother us and eat anything we had, plus jump in any bowl of water for bath time. She was like a tiny flying dog and would go to anybody who held still or had something she wanted :icon_mrgreen:

Awwwwwwww. She sounds like she was a real charmer :D How sad that she died at a year and a half :( But it sounds like she had an excellent life!

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2016, 10:30:03 AM »
Yep, sometimes life hands you a unexpected new family member and you just run with it and find out it was the most awesome accident to happen in a long time. We almost got another regular pet finch after that but poor Nerd was so much happier to be our only critter again that we stayed with just him.
Village Idiot