Author Topic: Nick updated pictures  (Read 1336 times)

Offline Cetan

• Nestling
Nick updated pictures
« on: July 21, 2016, 04:49:30 PM »
Here are a few pictures of Nick from the past year, he is very independent, still marches across the floor and attacks my feet but also has learned to fly

Offline Aubrey

• Newbie of Parrot Friends
Re: Nick updated pictures
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 06:31:42 PM »
A very handsome fella!

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2016, 06:57:07 PM »
I can see the Pionus attitude in those pictures :icon_mrgreen: Nerd hated toes and bit mine quite a few times, he also hated having his feet touched. Lurch didn't seem to care one way or the other and Dobby so far mostly doesn't care so maybe it's a minor Pionus trait and luck of the draw as to your birds attitude.
Village Idiot

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2016, 09:03:05 PM »
Precious! 

Offline Jan

• Parrot Slave Since 1986
  • Administrator
  • Hatchling
  • Blu's Bird Toys
    • Pionus Parrot's Website
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2016, 10:01:02 PM »
Gotta love those Dusky Pi's and Nick is a handsome one!! How old is he and do you know which breeder he came from?
Jan

Blu's Bird Toys  www.bluesbirdtoys.com
Pionus Parrot's Website  www.pionusparrot.com

Offline vampiric_conure

• Egg
  • Where everyone does the happy happy Conure dance!
    • The gallery of Domnijoe Pets and Art
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2016, 12:02:29 AM »
Nick is a handsome devil! Love his colours!
Beware of dog? No! Beware of cat! Wait, no. The Budgie is a killer, too.

Untitled2 by Vampiric Conure[/url

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2016, 11:02:10 AM »
Great to see Nick again :)! Ooh my Dusky envy is flaring up again :icon_mrgreen:. You can show his pics often you know ;). How about Chante? Is he still pretty camera shy? And your BH, was it Adam?

Offline Cetan

• Nestling
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2016, 06:26:05 PM »
Nick's age is unknown, over 20. I got him from a rescue Nov 2014 and at that time the only info she had was he lived with the same family for 19 years and they were moving and couldnt or didnt want to take him with them. He was left at either a vets or humane society rescue I cant remember but he ended up at Hurlin's Parrot rescue in Northern MI where I got him. He has an old generic AFA band, so old that the records are on paper in a box in the back of an office and no one has had time to look them up.
Chante is still very camera shy and stubborn as can be but exudes personality. His new game is to buzz my head when I want him to go back in his cage but then fly off again. I have a few pictures but have to convert them to a smaller format so I can post them. Adam is doing good, his beak is in bad shape and we have been seeing Dr Orosz who is an excellent board certified avian vet about 1 hour away in Toledo OH. He has an enlarged heart and liver and is on milk thistle, enalapril and cardiac support formula plus sh has in on thyroid medicine to try to pull some of the fat out of his liver. But he flies around a lot, plays has started chewing wood toys and has lost about 40 grams and is down to 310