Author Topic: Hey There  (Read 1141 times)

Offline liz

• Newbie of Parrot Friends
Hey There
« on: August 03, 2016, 10:01:39 AM »
Hey there!
Im liz and my Pi is meeko. He is adorable and sneaky and loves to sit by my feet- no matter how hard I try to convince him that birds are supposed to want to stay OFF the ground. I thought it would be good to get perspective and wisdom from other Pi owners. I don't actually have a single friend with birds so I'm sadly alone with my love of all things parrot.
looking forward to this place and getting to hear from everyone!

Offline Jan

• Parrot Slave Since 1986
  • Administrator
  • Hatchling
  • Blu's Bird Toys
    • Pionus Parrot's Website
Re: Hey There
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 07:35:23 PM »
Hi Liz ... nice to meet you and Meeko!  What kind of Pionus is he? You did not mention it!! :) Welcome aboard and hope to hear more of your birdie in the other areas of the forum!!
Jan

Blu's Bird Toys  www.bluesbirdtoys.com
Pionus Parrot's Website  www.pionusparrot.com

Offline vampiric_conure

• Egg
  • Where everyone does the happy happy Conure dance!
    • The gallery of Domnijoe Pets and Art
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 09:54:12 PM »
Heya Liz and Meeko! Welcome to the Forum :D Most folks know me as Vampy or Conure and my little trouble maker is August. Hope to see more of you !!!!
Beware of dog? No! Beware of cat! Wait, no. The Budgie is a killer, too.

Untitled2 by Vampiric Conure[/url

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2016, 07:25:48 PM »
Howdy and we love pics. Carpet parrots are cool but can be dangerous when they trust us too much and don't make any noise or get out of the way when they see us near them and we don't see them.
Nerd got booted a few times as he fully trusted us and would just stand there. Eventually he realized running away was prudent and started making traveling noises so we'd hear him walking about, and we learned to do a parrot check and shuffle our feet in his favorite areas just in case. Luckily he was never really hurt but we both sure got the crap scared out of us a few times before everyone figured it out. :shocking:
Village Idiot

Offline Cetan

• Nestling
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2016, 01:30:16 PM »
I have had to deal with Nick getting underfoot and now I just shffle when walking in the house if I dont know exactly where he is. He is the only floor walker I have, if Adam or Chante somehow land on the floor they want mom to help them up

Offline liz

• Newbie of Parrot Friends
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2016, 08:54:04 AM »
nice to meet you all! my guy is a white cap pionus. i just think this picture is so funny. pretty rare to get a picture of these two together- the dog is slightly scared of the bird! I definitely don't love that he walks on the ground but there doesn't seem to be a way to make him stop. If I am walking around the house, so is he. we've all learned to be pretty careful though there have been a few near-heart-attacks. he does chirp thankfully, but not very loud so you almost have to be listening for it. I don't love locking him in the cage for long periods but if we are all moving around or in a hurry he goes inside for safety. I wonder why some of them do that?

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2016, 11:39:02 PM »
Lovely pic of the two together, sometimes they can be friends.  Have only had one dog I could really trust around the birds, the two I have now are good when I'm in the house, but would never leave them near the cage when I go out. 

Offline vampiric_conure

• Egg
  • Where everyone does the happy happy Conure dance!
    • The gallery of Domnijoe Pets and Art
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2016, 01:47:05 AM »
nice to meet you all! my guy is a white cap pionus. i just think this picture is so funny. pretty rare to get a picture of these two together- the dog is slightly scared of the bird! I definitely don't love that he walks on the ground but there doesn't seem to be a way to make him stop. If I am walking around the house, so is he. we've all learned to be pretty careful though there have been a few near-heart-attacks. he does chirp thankfully, but not very loud so you almost have to be listening for it. I don't love locking him in the cage for long periods but if we are all moving around or in a hurry he goes inside for safety. I wonder why some of them do that?

Yaaaay! Another white cap! And your picture of the dog and your fid is very cute. I could never trust my dog with August. She's too much of a hunter. She's a mouser of particular talent!!
Beware of dog? No! Beware of cat! Wait, no. The Budgie is a killer, too.

Untitled2 by Vampiric Conure[/url

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2016, 07:32:26 PM »
Hi Liz, welcome  :hello1: I love the white capped, they're very pretty birds!