Author Topic: New August Images  (Read 1306 times)

Offline vampiric_conure

• Egg
  • Where everyone does the happy happy Conure dance!
    • The gallery of Domnijoe Pets and Art
New August Images
« on: August 11, 2016, 08:46:53 PM »
August was taking his tentative steps outside the cage today, giving me a chance to clean it.  I spooked him when I tried forcing a perch out of the cage (No luck) but he flew right back to the top of his cage where I  - well, we if you include him supervising - finished up.

PS: If you know how to remove a really really REALLY stuck-on-the-bars perch from a cage, I would love to hear your experiences!

And now for Pix: He looks like he's meditating in this image, LOL

IMG_3249 by Vampiric Conure, on Flickr

Just hanging out.

IMG_3250 by Vampiric Conure, on Flickr
Beware of dog? No! Beware of cat! Wait, no. The Budgie is a killer, too.

Untitled2 by Vampiric Conure[/url

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
Re: New August Images
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 09:45:27 PM »
Hmm! Maybe try a pair of pliers with some cloth over the jaws if your just having issues breaking loose the wing nut or whatever is jammed and holding it in place. Maybe some poop off and some type of safe lube will help if it's gummed up and jammed because of it.
Great pics, I have tons of pictures of Dobby, Lurch, and Nerd before them.
Need to go through and post some of Dobby sometime as he's always to something.
Village Idiot

Offline vampiric_conure

• Egg
  • Where everyone does the happy happy Conure dance!
    • The gallery of Domnijoe Pets and Art
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2016, 10:27:48 PM »
Thanks for the ideas, Re: The stuck on perch! It seems to have been forced into place by the cage's previous owner. I'm going to try lubing it with something tomorrow. I never knew a perch could be shoved into place so firmly, LOL!!
And thanks for the complements on the pictures. August is still slowly learning to explore his home - I've only had him for 2 months, so most of the pictures appear to be the same. I'd love to take a picture of him flying, but he always takes off when I least expect it.

I would love to see more of your flock! Who can turn down those feathered faces? LMAO!
Beware of dog? No! Beware of cat! Wait, no. The Budgie is a killer, too.

Untitled2 by Vampiric Conure[/url

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2016, 11:09:05 PM »
Quote from: Dartman link=topic=553.msg4414#msg4414 date=1470977127.
Need to go through and post some of Dobby sometime as he's always to something.
[/quote

Uh-oh! I bet you're out of toothbrushes!

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2016, 04:11:18 PM »
Well, luckily we both use sonic tooth brushes so he never bothers them. We have discovered to him a straw is as good as a pen or tooth brush so we save extras up and play tug of war with them and let him happily destroy them.
He actually climbed down the back of sisters recliner, grabbed her fingers, and drug them up for a demanded scritch, then later landed on her Kindle and grabbed her fingers again, then decided the chair arm beside her was safe and allowed/ got a half hour scritch.
When I pick him up he steps up willingly and sometimes allows a scritch while sitting on my hand and will stretch, do heart wings, and preen so I think I'm on the list of accepted and safe flock members, but she's momma now :icon_mrgreen:
Village Idiot

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2016, 12:22:27 AM »
Well, I don't want to hijack this thread, but that is hilarious! I am so glad he is feeling at home, and sorry you are not the chosen one. FYI, I wasn't either, so no ideas here!!

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2016, 07:38:05 PM »
Sorry, late to the party :embarressed:. I assume you've gotten the stuck perch out by now? I was thinking if it is really wedged in there tight, take a hammer and pound it out. With August out of the cage obviously :icon_mrgreen:

As far as not being the chosen one, it took Raven over 2 years to start liking me (his owner). He still will be quick to bite me if I don't observe his rules, whereas his dad could handle him any way he wants and never get bit!

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2016, 08:16:34 PM »
Dobby LUVS sister. She went to see lil sisters new huge house 5 hours away so he was stuck with me. I let him out after work and he hung out on the back of my computer chair, decided a scritch was ok and actually started digging it and closing his eyes.
She came home late the next day and called to warn me so I put him away. When she got home she let him out, he immediately flew over to her on the couch, grabbed her fingers to feed her and cuddle and was whistling and going BUR..BUR...BUR  which I think is his baby begging/ I love you noise. It was so cute and touching to see him so smitten and trying to make up for TWO WHOLE DAYS of no Momma.
Village Idiot