Author Topic: Dobby pics, I'm Dobbys dad now  (Read 2273 times)

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
Dobby pics, I'm Dobbys dad now
« on: August 28, 2016, 07:48:24 PM »
Well some of you may know Lurch flew out the door this spring and I climbed two trees trying to get him back but he finally flew away 2 days later. Momazon was chatting with me to make sure I was OK and her life took a turn so she offered me Dobby and he's a great, socialized, gentle soul, so unlike Lurch who made me earn everything I got.
Anyways here's some pics from recently to show what he's been up to.
He also seems to have chosen my sister as his love interest but still loves everybody else, she's just his favorite.
Village Idiot

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
Re: Dobby pics, I'm Dobbys dad now
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 07:54:18 PM »
The rest
Village Idiot

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 11:23:54 PM »
Aww, he looks so sweet!  I am sure he is having a great time. Glad I am not the only one who could not keep him out of the food!  I am so glad he is fitting in.  Thanks for the pics, Terry 

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2016, 05:47:26 PM »
Yep, he seems happy and hyper. He likes everyone, loves our food, and seems fine hanging out in his house till we get home and let him out. He also mostly let's me pick him up for nappy time or if he needs to go back in when we have to leave or somebody gets home while he's out.
He still hasn't bit anybody yet, he's bluffed, beaked , etc but no definite bites yet :icon_mrgreen:
Village Idiot

Offline vampiric_conure

• Egg
  • Where everyone does the happy happy Conure dance!
    • The gallery of Domnijoe Pets and Art
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 03:23:28 AM »
Dobby's looking like he's fitting right in! Congrats on the 'new' baby! LOL!  Love the straw fight picture, LOL And the one of him on the pot :)  :biglaughing:
Beware of dog? No! Beware of cat! Wait, no. The Budgie is a killer, too.

Untitled2 by Vampiric Conure[/url

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2016, 08:55:20 PM »
Today mom and step dad stopped by after work and Dobby was finally let out. First thing he did was zip over to mom and start displaying and doing the crazy strut, he was really enjoying messing with her and even did a fake strike about 5 inches away and kept acting like he wanted to jump on her.
Of course she kept turning to face him so he was sure he had her number. Once she finally stopped watching him he got bored and calmed down a bit. Funny because she was involved in going to get him so he should remember her. We also got out a straw to let him get his ya yas out on something and he did take a few Nutri Berries from her nicely.
Crazy Lil bugger :biglaughing: I should have gotten some pics.
Village Idiot

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2016, 11:57:19 PM »
Remember when I said your mom and stepdad look a lot like my mom and stepdad?  Well, he started acting that way to my mom after she had a stroke and moved slower. He did not see her for about a year while she recovered, then he began buzzing her head and acting aggressive to her when he did see her.

Before that, as a baby, he loved her and I used to bring him to her house while Talia was in her classes. We sat outside and put him in the yard in a travel cage, with the sprinkler a little close, so some of the water got on him.  He would play and say, "Ya-Ya pretty boy",  and she would give him wheat bread through the bars. That whole wheat bread was always their thing to do. As I said, after she recovered, he could tell she was not the same and tried to chase her away.

I knew it was not just my impression, but did not think Dob would think exactly the same as me.

We call my mom Ya-Ya, so feel free to tell him she is NOT Ya-Ya and to settle down.  I bet her energy and movements kept him back a little. No idea why he left his manners here or on the road somewhere  :embarressed:

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2016, 04:09:24 PM »
Well it looked like something about yesterday was a trigger to him so maybe she suddenly seemed like Ya Ya to him or she was wearing something that set him off.
He never actually touched her or anything and I certainly went through it with Lurch when I'd find a unknown trigger. He's seen her plenty of times before anyways,  HOWEVER,  she was sitting where Sandy normally sits so maybe he was trying to protect his chosen ones proper spot as far as he's concerned.
It would be nice if they came a manual or warning light or something.
Sandies hair is white like mom so that may have confused him too, not who he expected or wanted in that spot.
Village Idiot

Offline vampiric_conure

• Egg
  • Where everyone does the happy happy Conure dance!
    • The gallery of Domnijoe Pets and Art
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2016, 04:47:19 PM »
Our Birds do the darnedest things! August threw a fit a few days ago because he didn't like the Graham cracker I gave him. Little brat. I can only imagine what it's like when someone is in the wrong seat at your guys' houses'!!
Beware of dog? No! Beware of cat! Wait, no. The Budgie is a killer, too.

Untitled2 by Vampiric Conure[/url

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2016, 01:20:51 PM »
Well, I had to work today :( so when I got home I decided to release the hound :icon_mrgreen: He has chosen my sister as his favorite but doesn't hate anybody here, she's just the most entertaining for him right now as she does all the food stuff and cool things for him to supervise.
Anyways I let him out after teasing him by saying you really sure you want out for a tiny bit then I opened the door and he waited for me to reach in so he could jump on my hand and run up to my shoulder. Usually he jumps onto his play top or flies to one of his many favorite spots but he stayed put so I got him his favorite healthy cracker outa the box and had one myself. He wanted onto the playstand to eat so I let him and came in here.
After a while I heard fluttering and he flew in and sat on the computer chair back with me. He preened and stretched and after a while I offered to scritch him. At first he was standoffish but after a while he grabbed a finger and allowed some scritches :icon_mrgreen: So I would surf a while, then offer a finger and he was liking it so that was cool and a good day :hbeat:
He now chase sister around like a feathered dog so it's special when he decides I am worthy of his company and we'll keep working on it :wink1:
Posted this on AA too but figured everyone would want a update.
Village Idiot

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2016, 07:52:47 PM »
I am really glad he is fitting in and you are enjoying his ornery little self!

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2016, 08:11:48 PM »
Yep, he seems happy and likes everyone, and he still loves getting into things. He seems fascinated with soap containers and boxes and he tries to get to the boxes on top of the dryer so we keep them covered and the curtains shut that cover the wash area. He loves to sit on then and chill too.
Village Idiot

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2016, 07:55:26 PM »
Terry, I'm so very sorry to hear about Lurch  :(. I'm glad that Dobby was able to come and cheer you and your sister up. He's beautiful  :) and it sounds like he's settled in well.

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2016, 09:48:36 PM »
Thanks, I'm still upset that Lurch escaped due to a dumb mistake after all the time and work getting him happy and loving again but it is what it is and I climbed two trees trying to get him back. Hope someday somebody has him and finds us so he can have a good example. I'm also happy and honored that Momazon thought I was worthy of being his Dad when her life took a turn as she was making sure I was OK after loosing Lurch. It certainly wasn't the plan for either of us but he certainly brings joy and happiness back to our lives. He's such a well adjusted and happy soul due to her and her daughters love and care over his life from a baby. 
:icon_mrgreen:
He was just whistling at sister and is now happily munching a nutri berry beside her on the couch arm blanket, something he loves to do every night.
Village Idiot

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2016, 12:55:34 PM »
Oh, I forgot to tell you about getting the detergent boxes.  He landed on one and was trying to get the soap.  I yelled noooo, and he has been at it ever since. Sorry for the reinforcement of his naughty behaviors. I am sure you noticed how he loves to play chase. That may be what he is trying to get you to do.

Lurch sounds like such an easier bird.  I did not know other male pi's could be so calm.  Dob never has been. As a baby, he slept in a big basket on the dining room table. I used to cut anything in the garden to have on the table, and he would wake up, stagger to the top of the basket, and eat the flowers from the garden, or stalks of herbs. One morning he was perched on the basket eating and looking out the window, and when he saw me he let out a huge beeep and took off almost straight up in the air. He did not even have all his feathers.  He loved to fly to high places and watch us while we looked for him.  Then he started making my cell phone noise, and oven beeps, and watched me as I scrambled for the phone or ran to the oven. I really think he feels like a mighty boss over us all.

Thank you for the compliment, Terry. This forum has so many kind and compassionate members, and when I saw that Lurch had gotten out, it seemed wrong that you'd be without a pi, and I had a housing crunch coming up. It felt like we had been friends for a long time, and your love and patience were very evident.  Now I feel like I have more family in your area!