Author Topic: Chante (bronze wing boy) seems to be part beaver  (Read 3464 times)

Offline Cetan

• Nestling
Chante (bronze wing boy) seems to be part beaver
« on: December 29, 2012, 02:31:25 PM »
That boy can chew through wooden toys faster than I have ever seen. Adam will occasionally nibble them and will slightly chew on cotton rope knots but Chante has destroyed 4 wood chew toys in under 2 months. And I mean destroy, piles of wooden splinters, even irregular 3/4 to 1" pieces demolished. Maggie from Wing Nuts Aviary (where I got him) said all her Pis do that, she thinks they learn it from the Cape parrots.

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
Re: Chante (bronze wing boy) seems to be part beaver
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 02:48:17 PM »
wow, stock up on wooden toy parts to save $.  No use in buying fancy toys if she destroys them so quickly.  String them on rope or a metal skewer and let Chante go at them.  Great she can positively use her energy!
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto

Offline Cetan

• Nestling
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 09:05:04 PM »
I always stock up at bird shows. I have a few of Lara Josephs forage toys I am going to try. Still waiting for his bigger cage - I am getting him the same cage as Adam and they were supposed to be in by late October but last time I spoke to the company he told me they have shipped and he should have them early january

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 10:17:24 PM »
sounds good about the toys and sorry about the inconvenience with the cage

Offline Cetan

• Nestling
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 08:12:58 PM »
I gave him a wooden foraging toy - he pulled the wooden discs out right away and I stuck a few treats into the holes but Chate's idea of foraging for treats was to chew the wood away and enlarge the hole till the treat fell out.

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 06:53:24 AM »
ha! If not one way then another