Author Topic: Is a Christmas Tree a Foraging Toy?  (Read 1910 times)

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
Re: Is a Christmas Tree a Foraging Toy?
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2016, 09:41:55 PM »
Just saw this and OMG has chewed nothing?  My zon chews pasta and thin pine wood most days, the shower curtain and my earrings on the other days!  I am so glad he has not gotten anything yet, but just wait till the 'tiels clue him in!

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2016, 09:50:40 PM »
Yup, your so lucky but I bet he'll learn eventually. Hopefully when he does it will only be certain things like Nerd and Lurch, not everything that intrigues him like Dobby.
Lately he keeps landing on the kitchen sink and looks for stuff to chew up or eat.
Village Idiot

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2016, 03:15:14 PM »
We got a teeny tiny tree, and so far so good.  Now I wonder if I really trust the dogs, hmmm...

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2016, 05:50:26 PM »
Never trust a smart dog either, just depends on if it gets  their interest. The dogs we used to have mainly concentrated on anything they thought they could eat, whether it was safe to eat or not...hmmm, reminds me of somebirdy :shades:
The female we had found my HUGE Christmas chocolate chip cookie I'd been hoarding one day when I decided to eat it all I found was some plastic wrap and crumbs and a very hyper and full dog.  :shocking: Mom wanted to give us a tree outa her yard and we both refused, I think it's a leftover arborvitae shrub anyways but why kill a tree for Christmas anyways.
We do have a big Norfolk pine in a pot that is barely hanging in there and sometimes we get a new one. So far Dobby hasn't decided it's delicious with all the other things he can mess with.
Sister has left a small banana on the counter as long as it doesn't get nasty as he loves to sneak over and eat on it and feel like he's getting away with something, plus it has to be good for him.
Village Idiot

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2016, 07:12:08 PM »
 I can just picture him sizing up the potted plants like choosing a toothpick

:merrymoose:

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2016, 07:16:51 PM »
He really loves those plants lil sister gave us when she moved down state. When he forgets about them we uncover them then he discovers them again and we hear munchy noises and whistles :wink1:
Village Idiot