Author Topic: New Owner  (Read 657 times)

Offline Hostileto

• Newbie of Parrot Friends
Re: New Owner
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2017, 05:58:04 PM »
its been 2 month now
He's gotten better but
he still wimpers and complains all day and for some reason he screams when my wife takes a shower or goes into another room. I don't want him to scream. It sounds like an atomic alarm.
I don't know if he is bored or sad. I give him toys

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2017, 06:25:34 PM »
For him it's still early in his relationship with you and your family. Maybe he wonders where your wife went so he vocalizes trying to find her, maybe he wants a shower too, you'll have to figure it out if possible. Lurch would scream and honk when I left him, it was very annoying and loud at times.
As he got more secure in our relationship and realized I wasn't just going to leave him, and when I did I always came back he stopped vocalizing and complaining all the time.
He didn't honk and scream much at all once he was trusting and happy with his flock and you could see his eyes were happy all the time rather then HUGE and scared to death like when he first got here. Remember, 5 years, it takes time and patience. Not every bird is going to immediately settle in and love everyone.
Hang in there, it will happen, just at his pace, not yours.
Village Idiot

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2017, 06:38:05 PM »
What worked for us was I took ours in the shower with me and they loved it.  It only added about 15 minutes to my routine, 30 if they got the spa treatment lol, but it stopped the mad panic.  Also cut bird dust down to minimum and helped calm them for the rest of the day.

If you can't shower with them, maybe give a small toy or treat when she goes to shower?