Author Topic: Hi! new member here!  (Read 869 times)

Offline cab124

• Egg
Re: Hi! new member here!
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2017, 10:39:07 AM »
How are Molly and Dobby doing these days??  Is everyone behaving??  Give them each a nut for me!

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2017, 05:50:32 PM »
Oh Dobby is being Dobby. Loving sister, chewing things up, whistling to get attention so he can get a treat, and making cool sounds and talking a bit when he's excited. I gave him a bunch of walnut pieces last night after I asked him if he wanted a walnut and he did a flkyby then flew over to demand I make good on my word. He now understands what walnut means and he loves them.
Village Idiot

Offline cab124

• Egg
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2017, 06:00:38 PM »
Glad to hear that he is doing well.

You have to admit, its a lot of fun giving our feathered friends the treats that make them happy, like walnuts!!!

With Cosmo, however, I always had to be careful not to give her too many nuts because the fat seemed to stimulate her nesting, hormonal behavior, which could become extreme at times.  Her favorite was cashews.  She LOVED them!!!

Offline mollysmom0822

• Egg
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2017, 07:21:37 PM »
Hi Cab124 and Dartman, just checking in -- hope you and your feathered kids had a nice holiday.... Craig, I am still trying to figure out why my videos won't view when it's opened in the OneDrive. I can play them on my computer (of course) but I can't seem to get them to play from the OneDrive. I uploaded them right from where I had saved them, and tried to play them, to see if it would work. They are an 'mpg' file, so I don't understand what I'm doing wrong -- if you have any help on this, I'd appreciate it...I'd love for you to see this video of Molly and Shire (her brother) interacting.... thanks! Anita

Offline cab124

• Egg
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2017, 08:39:06 PM »
I would REALLY, REALLY like to see that video!!!

You are doing it just as explain in this YouTube video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=-soZFg42M4Y

Offline mollysmom0822

• Egg
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2017, 11:00:33 AM »
Hi, thanks for the video...I had to laugh when I first clicked on it... this video came up with these two guys talking about making your own website, and I was like, 'what??'.. then I realized it was an advertisement!! LOL The video did give me some insight on what I might be doing wrong, so I am uploading my videos again from my computer and will try the instructions to see if that works..... wish me luck!!! Hopefully the next post will be one where you can FINALLY see those videos!! Hows your bird search going?

Offline mollysmom0822

• Egg
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2017, 11:21:30 AM »
Hi Craig, ok hopefully I did this correctly....
https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ahhy4hsrKAhrjyeGeycBdb5z7saX
According to the instructions, you 'should' be able to view the photos and the videos I put on the OneDrive...
Please let me know if this works.
Thanks again for your help!
Anita

Offline mollysmom0822

• Egg
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2017, 11:28:02 AM »
ok now I'm getting a little frustrated.... I just tried the link myself to see if it works, and it says 'sorry there is a problem loading the video' but it doesn't say why..... I don't know what I am doing wrong... I can view the pictures I posted but not the videos... is there somewhere that there is a 'help' with this? I originally took these with my video camera (a loooong time ago) and copied them to my computer (for safe keeping). They are in MPG format so that part should be ok... let me do a little research and see if I can find out why this is happening.. sorry!

Offline mollysmom0822

• Egg
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2017, 11:37:06 AM »
trying something... just a single link to one of the videos....
https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ahhy4hsrKAhrkyhJfE1syLf6knBY

Offline cab124

• Egg
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2017, 11:39:45 AM »
I just viewed the link on my iPhone and I can see the photos, but I can't see the video.  I can hear the audio that goes along with the video, but I can't see the video itself.  My iPhone shows a QuickTime logo, which probably means that it is an outdated video format that can't be played on my phone.  I have a feeling that this will all come down to the use of a video format that is no longer in use.  Seems like OneDrive is behaving correctly, however. 

You birds are so beautiful!!!!!!  For some reason, I didn't realize that you have two bronze wing pionuses.  I thought it was just Molly!!

Offline cab124

• Egg
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2017, 11:42:10 AM »
No, the same thing. 

Your OneDrive link is working beautifully though.  Just need to use a video format that can be played on a computer or phone!!

Offline mollysmom0822

• Egg
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2017, 06:33:18 PM »
Hi Craig,  I'm still trying to resolve this video issue. I contacted OneDrive and they wrote me back wanting more information, so I am going to try to detail everything, and maybe they have a resolution to this.
In the meantime, have a happy, healthy and safe New Year -- and good luck in finding a bird...
Dartman, hope you and your sister and Dobby also have a happy, healthy and safe New Year, full of walnuts!! LOL!! I meant to tell you I love the pictures you posted of Dobby - he looks like a happy, funny bird with a lot of personality!
Take care,
Anita

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2017, 06:43:26 PM »
Yes he is, thanks. You should have seen him displaying and bluffing for my mom. He gets all ecited when she shows up and loves to threaten, fluff, and bluff. I think it is because she reminds him of his Grandma that had a stroke and he could tell she wasn't the same so he started trying to chase her away as he probably thought she wasn't the person he knew anymore :'( Mom always screams and reacts which he loves and as soon as they both get over the first flybys and threats he mostly calms down.
He hasn't bit her yet so we watch him around her or leave him inside but she always complains our poor buy is locked up so I usually let him out once everyone is settled.
He hasn't officially bitten anyone here yet though I have gotten some ferocious beakings and one very hard pinch when he was wound up and I knew I probably shouldn't touch him.
anyways, happy New Year to everyone and keep loving your fids.
Village Idiot