Author Topic: Hi  (Read 3437 times)

Offline luvbirds

• Egg
Hi
« on: January 30, 2013, 01:32:22 PM »
Hi
I just joined and we have a female WC Pi  Xev who will be 4 and a female BW Pi Holly who is thought to be 12-15 years old. I also have a male Meyers who will be 9.
We didn't know what Pionus were until after we got my rehomed Meyers in 2009, then we got Xev in 2010 because Bronco hates men and we adopted Holly(a fomer breeder who lost her mate to aspergillosis) last year. 
Looking forward to meeting more Pi owners and I'm discovering it's a small world when you have a parrot.

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 01:48:19 PM »
Welcome, sounds like quite the flock and I hope your latest addition isn't affected by her mates issues. I have a Maxi, Lurch and had Nerd, another Maxi, before him rip. We love pictures and I think Jan even added a other birds section again if you just want to talk about the Meyers by himself. Pull up a chair and get comfy.
Village Idiot

Offline Cetan

• Nestling
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 04:15:22 PM »
Welcome to the forum, I know you from the I Love My Pionus Group, I have Adam the blue head and Chante the Bronze Wing.
Nancy

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 07:07:52 PM »
Welcome! We look forward to hearing more about your flock
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto

Offline luvbirds

• Egg
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 08:53:05 PM »
Hi
Thanks for the warm welcome to the forum and it really is a small world finding Nancy and Shari here too.
Getting my rehomed Meyers Bronco first made us really appreciate
getting Xev who is a sweetie. My husband has suffered the most from his wrath. In the 3 years we have had the girls I have been bitten once, but when Holly let me know she was my husbands bird I thought I was going to need a trip to the ER! I got him Xev because Bronco hates men and now she's bonded with both of us, but has started biting him because Holly makes 3! Bronco gets mad at me because he's been my bird with no competition for 3 years and now Xev has the nerve to want to be with me.
What can I say it's a zoo around here with feathers and fur flying!

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 09:10:53 PM »
That's why for the most part we have been a one bird family, less issues :icon_mrgreen: We have had a rescued female house finch and a pigeon when we still had Nerd and he wasn't a happy camper I can tell you, though the other two didn't seem to care.
When he was back to just he and us he was again happy with life. He did prefer me but tolerated my sister as she always gave him a prolonged scratch in the mornings of her weekday days off and he would wait impatiently for her to finish sharing breakfast and get with the scritching. :biglaughing:
Village Idiot

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 12:12:23 PM »
Greetings and welcome! Your fids sound very energetic  :wink1:   I have a BW, a YNA, and just found a BH.  My daughter, who lives nearby, brings her Maxi and Senegal to visit.  I feel good with a larger flock although I always thought the amazon was enough. After welcoming each new member, the house just seemed more like a home to me. The birds are all less bored and more lively with more flock members.  It is without a doubt much more work, but I do love them.  For me, this is maximum capacity. 

Offline luvbirds

• Egg
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 01:01:34 PM »
Here is a picture of Holly and Xev

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2013, 06:53:23 PM »
My goodness....so healthy and gorgeous. I simply love the photos. What kind of diet do they have?
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto

Offline luvbirds

• Egg
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2013, 08:35:22 PM »
Hi Maxsmom
Thanks!
The girls get Zupreem Natural pellets with Sunshine Factor and whatever I can tempt them with, in fruits,veg etc.
I wish everyone liked the same thing because it would make life so much easier!