Author Topic: Lurch has decided my shoulder is nice, with pics  (Read 6642 times)

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
Re: Lurch has decided my shoulder is nice, with pics
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2013, 08:34:20 AM »
He'll still do the attack the evil arm thing if he really doesn't want to leave or get picked up but now he also realizes it's a great way to get somewhere or get my attention to pick him up and sit him on the chair arm beside me so he can hang out and get scritches.
Last night early in the morning I woke up sleeping on the couch and he was still out so I tried to get him in his cage to sleep and he didn't like that much so he lightly pecked it. I touched his head and told him to be a good boy and he didn't threaten me any more but then kept flying into my face and shoulder, I guess so hopefully I'd take him in my room to sleep instead or just let him sit there and eventually give up :wink1:
He kept doing that and I'd turned off most of the lights so eventually I held up my arm and he landed there nicely. I took a chance and gently held his wings against me and walked slowly to the cage and bent down to the door, he nicely went right in so I told him he was a good boy and got him a nutri berrie as a treat while he climbed to the inside top and hung and wiggled trying to convince me to leave his door open. :biglaughing:
I hope eventually we'll be able to put him inside when needed without blood shed or flying away and pouting and this is another new start :thumbsup:
Village Idiot

Offline Louise9460

• Egg
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2013, 02:47:07 PM »
I guess it really is a huge job to really gain the trust of a rescue pionus. You're doing such a great job with Lurch and it is amazing how far you've brought your relationship to him. I'm sure you'll someday be able to just pick him up and put him in his cage too.  :thumbsup:

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2013, 03:25:58 PM »
Thanks Louise, it's been a battle but we're slowly wearing him down. :shades:
Village Idiot

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2013, 03:28:12 AM »
Terry - when Lurch is having a bsd day remember days like this one :-)
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2013, 09:20:43 AM »
Yeah thanks, I tried not to take it personal when he attacked me like I said in the other new thread as it seems to happen rarely now and eventually he calms down and we're back to having a day like above.
He's inside his house this morning because I have to eventualy take off to help a friend with his roof and flashing but he's being happy and normal this morning.
Village Idiot