Author Topic: Chante went for grooming yesterday  (Read 2389 times)

Offline Cetan

• Nestling
Chante went for grooming yesterday
« on: January 31, 2013, 06:09:18 PM »
His nails were very long and sharp and getting caught at times and his wings needed to be evened out (he had a bad trim right before I got him). I told him it was a pedicure at the bird spa but he didnt buy that. When we got home he was sitting in his cage even though the door is open giving me a dirty look. Then he sat on top but looking away. Today he was better and at one point he tried to fly off his cage, landed on the floor and stepped up then let me have him on my lap scritching his head for quite a while.

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
Re: Chante went for grooming yesterday
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 06:47:48 PM »
All is forgiven  :)
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto

Offline luvbirds

• Egg
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 07:35:17 AM »
We had to change groomers because the birds got so stressed out. They do it at our parrot club but the birds don't like the dremel and this groomer is free because she has a bird and knows the expense etc.
Xev bit my husband for the first time being groomed because there was nobody there to towel her. Otherwise they come home less stressed than they were but they let you know they didn't like it.

Offline luvbirds

• Egg
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 07:36:50 AM »
Oops should be Xev bit my husband for the first time

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 11:20:52 AM »
We don't have a groomer, so I have to be brave and calm and do it myself.  The zin "let" me file her nails, but the others have to be toweled.  Either that or we would go to the vet, but that adds up.