Author Topic: Lurch REALLY loves popcorn  (Read 2949 times)

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
Lurch REALLY loves popcorn
« on: February 21, 2013, 10:17:22 PM »
Like it says we decided to be bad a short time ago and broke out the microwave popcorn. Of course Lurch had to investigate this new treat and discovered he likes it, A LOT :eatnow:
Village Idiot

Offline Fuzzy

• Egg
Re: Lurch REALLY loves popcorn
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 08:27:11 PM »
YUM YUM!!!  Lurch is really enjoying that!  I must try popcorn with Kobe and Ollie!

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 10:13:06 PM »
Howdy, glad to see you back here :wave2: We were really laughing at him the whole time it was so funny, he of course didn't have a clue, just grubbing his favorite new treat. The gal on the thread at AA said to try some oil and regular popcorn in a brown paper bag to make a healthier version so we may try that next time we're feeling bad.
Village Idiot

Offline Cetan

• Nestling
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 06:38:20 PM »
My Pi boys like popcorn and my green cheek conure loves it. I give them hot air popped with no salt, butter or oil and they dont know the difference   :eatnow:  maybe because they never tasted popcorn with salt and butter.  You can get a hot air popper really cheap and then just buy the popping corn so it is fairly economical - and for human consumption I spray some tamari or soy sauce on it to get a little saltiness

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 06:56:24 PM »
Well I bet we have a air popper somewhere in a packing box, can't remember but pretty sure we had one at some point. We don't eat popcorn like we used to as I am supposed to watch my cholesterol intake and my sister who is my roommate gets that diverticulitis crap so she has to be careful about large seeds and things. It sucks getting older and having to read labels and stuff...
Village Idiot