Author Topic: Washing her hair.  (Read 3509 times)

Offline Al_96789

• Egg
Washing her hair.
« on: December 08, 2012, 06:47:47 PM »
Occasionally Carla would "wash her hair" in her water dish. She did it when she felt like it, no particular schedule. If we weren't there we could tell she had by all the water on the laminate floor. Leslie used a broom to sweep the floor because of all the wild birds she was taking care of. With them gone now, she started using the vacumn again. The first time she closed the door on Carla's cage. Carla started washing her hair when the vacumn started. The next time she didn't close the door and Carla stayed on top of the cage. Now everytime the vacumn starts Carla washes her hair. Here's a pic...
Carla - BW

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
Re: Washing her hair.
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 07:55:30 PM »
Just love a bird who embellishes when getting clean!
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 09:47:29 PM »
Adorable!!!

Offline Maxi

• Egg
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 08:00:06 AM »
It looks like she is saying, "Ahem.  A little privacy please!"   Very cute. 

Offline suzette

• Newbie of Parrot Friends
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 02:37:25 PM »
I' m new to this forum and I am not sure how to post a question.........
But I need help on how to get my blueheaded pionous to quit squawking so loudly every time we have guest or when he is not in the room with us.
I thought they were a quiet bird. He is 6 months old and I have had him since he was about three months old.

Offline Al_96789

• Egg
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2013, 09:07:27 PM »
Since you're new I'll explain a little about my Pi. Carla is a 17 year old rescue. I've been started taking care of her, or she chose me, 2 years ago. She is very quiet, but so am I. However, she does react to the enviornment.

On weekends my wife takes her from her bedroom cage and puts her on her bigger day cage. She is quiet until she sees me. Then , when I go out of her sight, she begins "flock calling" to find out where we are. That is normal in the wild. She is not part of our family, we are part of her flock. I am her mate and she tolerates my wife, as long as my wife doesn't show me any affection. Then Carla lets her know to keep her distance. When I'm at work they get along fine as flock mates.

The main thing is patience. He is still a baby and you need to earn his trust.

Good luck.

Al
Carla - BW

Offline rosaliecullen

• Newbie of Parrot Friends
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2013, 02:26:43 AM »
I don't think there is anything to be worried about. It is just that this wonderful bird has set up a time for its wash.